Personal Injury | 2022-01-10 10:00:47
Did You Suffer an Injury Over the Holidays?
Holidays are a festive season when people take things easy, often relaxing with family and friends. None more so than the end-of-the-year holidays, which can involve weeks of celebrating. Nothing can ruin the holidays faster, however, than an accident that occurs and leads to injuries because of negligence.
According to the U.S. Fire Administration reports, holiday fires kill more than 400 Americans and injure more than 1,600 people, causing a total of $990 million in damages. A common cause of injury or property damage that occurs during the holidays is fires caused by dry Christmas trees and unattended candles. From 2016 to 2018, there were approximately 100 Christmas tree fires and about 1,100 candle fires in November and December of each year, causing 30 deaths, 180 injuries, and nearly $56 million in property loss per year.
Fires are not the only cause of holiday injuries, however, and below are other reasons that you might have been injured at the end of 2021. Contact a Bonney Lake personal injury attorney if you think you might have a claim.
Types of Injuries that Occur During Holidays
- Drunk Driving. If drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs is a problem during the year, it is a bigger problem and the cause of many more car accidents during the festive season at the end of the year.
- Mall Accidents. Holidays sales promotions often lead to stampedes at various retail stores as customers rush into these stores seeking to get the products on sale before the stock runs out. People can also slip and fall, get hit by cars in parking lots, or become the victims of assault due to
- Falling Object Injuries. Holidays are synonymous with decorations. While families enjoy keeping up with this age-old tradition of decorating homes during the festive season, accidents from falling decorative objects are unfortunately part of the holidays. Holiday decorations and lights are more dangerous than one would think.
- Fires and Burns. Burns caused by fires are a common occurrence during the holidays. According to the latest statistics from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), there are on average about 160 decorating-related injuries each day during the holiday season, with almost half of the incidents involving falls. In the 2019 holiday season, for example, approximately 14,800 people have been treated in emergency rooms due to holiday decorating-related injuries.
- Hotel Accidents. Some families chose to spend the holidays at some getaway holiday spot and book themselves at some cozy hotel where they expect to be safe and enjoy the holidays. Unfortunately, accidents at hotels during the holidays are also very common.
What a Bonney Lake Personal Injury Lawyer Can Do for Your Holiday Injuries
If you or a loved one was injured during the holidays, you may be able to recover monetary compensation for your injuries. Filing a successful personal injury claim depends on several factors that one of our experienced lawyers at Anderson Law can assess and explain to you. Contact us today for a free consultation.